Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of columns in board

Simon Huprich January 17, 2022

Hi,

I created a new workflow with the following statuses in this order:

To do (ID:1)
In Progress (ID:2)
Check (ID:3)
Done (ID:4)

I assumed that the order of these statuses on my board would be according to the ID order,
But on my board it looks like this:

To do
Done
Check
In Progress

So I asked myself what defines the order of each status on the board and how can I change it permanently.

Because when I drag and drop the statuses in the right order and reload it, it changes again in the To Do-Done-Check-In Progress order.

Greetings
Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi Simon,

You should be able to drag the columns to the right order you want directly on the board. Changing the order in the workflow will not adjust the columns. I just did that in my instance and it works fine. 

One note, if you change it in your view, it will not affect anybody else's view. They will need to do the same thing. 

Simon Huprich January 19, 2022

Hi John,
thank you for you answer.
As i mentioned in my question, I already did drag the columns to the right order.
But as I refreshed the page I change again.
The change of the order by draging the statuses wasn´t permanent.
Greetings
Simon

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

That's really strange - that has never happened to me. Can you try on another browser? 

If the same thing happens there, I would submit a support ticket to Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here the eventual solution. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events