Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-billable tasks

Evi Zaou September 15, 2022

Hello Community,

Me and my Team wanted to know the best way to track non-billable task in Jira Work Management. Is there any feature will enable us to track our time in tasks that do not refer to a specific project? Or should we make a new project where we will keep track of these?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2022

Hello @Evi Zaou

Thank you for reaching out.

There are multiple ways you can track and report non-billable tasks on your Jira site. Basically, you just need to add those tasks with a proper field/category (Project, component, labels, etc) that you can use to properly filter them separately. That's how I manage them in my own scenario:

1. First, I created a separate project to manage non-billable tasks - That way I will not need to edit filters to exclude those tasks from other reports.
  2. Then, I used the field component to properly categorize what type of non-billable tasks I'm handling - This way I can create both global or specific reports and dashboard gadgets to get what I need from those tasks.

Please, consider taking a look at the links provided to get more insights into the suggested approach and feel free to reach back to us in case you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events