cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple values in Advance Compare Condition

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

Hello, 

I would like some help on the following, we have a department field list with a child field. I want to add an automation that says 

If person 1 or 2 are selected in the Child field, then update the approver field and send an email. 

The bit I am struggling with is the OR function, Any thoughts or help on scripting would be great. 

This is what I have so far: 

First Value: {{issue.Department.child.value}}
Condition: Contains
Second Value: User1,User2

automation compare fields.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia - I think the easiest is to use a contains regular expression condition:

(user1|user2)
Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2022

Hi Mark, 

Will give this a go so you're saying in the Second Value have (User1|User2) which acts as an OR statement?

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2022

@Mark Segall all sorted, many thanks for your help. Adding these conditions in worked perfectly.

Like # people like this
Sten Kivi March 20, 2023

My fix was to remove spaces between | expressions :

Kirkenes|Trondheim|Bergen|Hamburg|Paris|Melbourne

Emery Manayan July 27, 2023

Hi,

May I ask for assistance on how to correct the attached automation?

The goal is when a ticket comes in from a user; we should check the email address if it contains certain company names (more than 3) and so it will add a participant in the ticket and will send an email. 

JIRA Automation.png

Thank you

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2023

Hi @Emery Manayan - You just need open/closed parentheses around it:

(Zurich|Sunlife)

Note - This is going to be case sensitive so the capitalization may cause you fits.  If you want it to be case insensitive, you'd do something like this:

((?i)Zurich|Sunlife)
Like # people like this
Emery Manayan July 28, 2023

Hi @Mark Segall ,

This one works for me -- (ceva|sunlife|chubb|fwd).

I will have to try the other one too, as initially what I tried is this format --  (?i)(ceva|sunlife|chubb|fwd)

Thanks thanks for the help ;)

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events