Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Jira Work Management to Software

Jon Kelley July 12, 2023

Right now, I have a client looking to possible migrate from JWM to Jira Software. I am curious if there is any limitation in terms of moving permissions, workflows and schemes to Software such as needing to recreate or alter any of these. Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2023

Hi Jon,

If these are both Company-managed project types, then you will few if any problems. The existing schemes can also be used with the new project. 

You will need to manually configure your Project Roles in the project, and you should add any existing Components and Releases to the new project (use the exact same names as the existing ones) prior to migrating any data. 

Jon Kelley July 12, 2023

Thanks Jon, the info really helped and gave some reassurance. It all went smoothly! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Great! Glad to hear. 

1 vote
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2023

Hello @Jon Kelley , 

Welcome to community !

I understand that you wish to understand the limitation when moving project from JWM to JSW. To answer you better I want to know which feature are you using to migrate? Is it CSV import or Move operation ? Is it within same instance or C2C on other instance?

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Have a great day!

Jon Kelley July 12, 2023

We went with the move operation. It was in the same instance! We went ahead and used the info @John Funk provided and it went pretty well and quickly. We are still configuring but there are no massive pain points as of right now!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events