Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking for an online form to create Jira Issues

I am looking for a way unlicensed member of my organisation can submit Jira issues using a form. Initially, I thought this could be done via the standard Jira form creation method but it cannot.

I then looked at using ProForma, but this also seems to need a Jira subscription. 

Essentially various members of my organisation are not tech savy, will not need a license to Jira and this will overcomplicate things but I want them to be able to submit requests via a simple form.

Any advice and potential solutions would be great.

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader May 21, 2021

Hi @Joseph Kelly,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

ProForma should work for Jira Work Management projects, since that is part of Jira. Your other option would be to look at Jira Service Management (JSM), since that allows anyone to submit a request without having a license. The only license you would need for JSM would be for the agents that replies to the customer and can be assigned to the request.

Two quick ways comes to mind immediately: 

First: 
You create an API user, and create a form on a website, and send an API request. 
This is very straightforward, and should be done on the server side, as you would otherwise expose your API key. 

Second: 
Admin -> System -> Incoming Mail 
Set up a mail source, and route the email to a project. 
If on self-hosted, set up a mailbox somewhere and connect, and if on cloud, just check the email for the default mail server, typically jira@<your atlassian name>.atlassian.net. 

Obviously, you can combine both, and allow a simple web page and a simple mail-in solution at the same time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Jira Work Management FAQ

Welcome to the Jira Work Management FAQ We're glad you're here. If you haven't already, watch our video to get a one-minute overview of Jira Work Management. Check out some basic technical and logi...

6,920 views 50 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you