Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List view only shows issue keys and timeline is empty

Büro Jork July 24, 2021

We are new to Jira Workplacemanagement (Cloud) and using the free plan.

I create a new business project and a new issue. All with default settings without any further configuration.

First problem:

In the project view when activating List view, the list contains the created issue BUT only with the "# Key" column. No other fields are available. "No Options" is shown when using the "+" symbol.

Second Problem:

Activating the timeline, an empty timeline table is shown for quite a second. Then a reload happend and a picture is shown with the advise to go to the project settings and configure a default issue type. But there is a default issuetype configured for this project.

What the heck are we doing wrong? Is this a limitation for free plan? I checked this behaviour in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. In normal and incognito windows. Always the same.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hello @Büro Jork,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When it comes to the List and Timeline features, there are no restrictions on the free plan.

Testing on a brand new site, I added Jira Work Management and it worked normally.

On the List, it should show all available custom fields on the project. 

Can you please go to Project settings > Fields and check if the custom fields are listed there?

Also, go to Project settings > Issue types > Actions > Edit issue types and add a new issue type, usually, it’s Task, Sub-task, and Epic. Maybe add the Epic and set it as the default issue type and then, change it again to Task.

If the issue still persists, please, share with us a screenshot of the error message on the Timeline.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Büro Jork August 1, 2021

Hi Angelica,

thanks for your answer.

I checked all your suggestions but there is no change according to the mentioned problems.

I add some screenshots.

Kind regards,

all_issues.pngissuetypes.pngissuetypeschema.pnglistview.pngtimeline.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Thank you for testing and for the screenshots, @Büro Jork.

I tested here by changing the language of my site and creating a new project using German, but it worked normally. 

Checking the logs, it returns some errors related to the priority and on the first screenshot, I can see a broken icon on one of the priorities. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue here. 

Can you please go to the Cog icon > Issues > Priorities and change the icon and the name of the priority? Also, let us know if there is indeed a different character on the priority name, so we can test here as well.

Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in hostname at index 57: https://xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx.atlassian.neticons8-hohe-priorität-16 at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2847) at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHostname(URI.java:3386) at java.net.URI$Parser.parseServer(URI.java:3235) at java.net.URI$Parser.parseAuthority(URI.java:3154) at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3096) at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3052) at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:673) at com.atlassian.jira.graphql.gira.jql.types.JiraPriorityGraphQLType.convertToUri(JiraPriorityGraphQLType.java:50) ... 521 more
[Limited to 100 per PT1M] [GraphQL error]: Message: Exception while fetching data (/jiraBusinessAvailableFields/edges[2]/node/fields/edges[12]/node/priorities) : IllegalArgumentException(URISyntaxException) requestId=e60335db-3be1-4a1c-b3fe-1f48c69d27a1 errorId=960b7310-88b9-4a4d-8cf9-332c70de6ee7, Location: [object Object], Path: jiraBusinessAvailableFields,edges,2,node,fields,edges,12,node,priorities 
Büro Jork August 4, 2021

Hey Angelica,

brilliant. Thats it. Changing the priority icon to an existing one (without the german umlaut in its name) it works and list view/timeline works as expected.

Thank you very much!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events