Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link automatically created Issue to trigger issue

Pauline Hild March 25, 2023

Hi everyone,

I've created an automation that creates a new task based on time. Now I want the newly created task to be automatically linked to the trigger issue. The screenshot shows my current automation, but with this automation the linking does not work.

I would be very grateful for any tips.

Best regards,

Pauline

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-25 um 15.47.58.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2023

Hello @Pauline Hild 

If you tried to manually create an issue in the LAB project, in the Create Issue dialog do you see the fields for creating a link between the issue you are creating and another issue?Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.04.35 PM.png

If you don't see those fields in the Create Issue dialog, then you can't create a link for the issue within the Automation Rule. Automation Rules that are creating issues can set only the fields that are available in the Create Issue dialog if you were to try to create the same issue manually.

If the LAB project is a Company Managed project (check the bottom of the navigation panel on the left for that info), then you need to update the screen used for creating issues in that project so that it includes the Linked Issues field.

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.07.49 PM.png

Pauline Hild March 26, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

thank you very much for your answer! It was actually because there was no "Linked Issue" field in the screen, I added that and now the automation works, perfect! 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2023

Hi @Pauline Hild ,

what you have setup looks logical. Check the audit log link in your screen shot to pinpoint where the issue is. It might produce what the error is to troubleshoot this further.

My guess is that you don't have an issue as a trigger since your trigger is a scheduler and your Epic rule is a condition. However, the audit log should help further look into this.

-Ben

Pauline Hild March 25, 2023

Hi Ben,

thanks for your answer. I checked the audit log but I don't understand it.

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-25 um 16.50.32.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events