Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban board settings

Samuele Pretini May 26, 2022

In Jira works Management I can't see the Board Settings.

Why I can't change the settings, such as, create swimlanes, change the name of columns, change the mapping of workflow status over columns?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Samuele Pretini

In Jira Work Management board settings are not yet supported in the same way that they are in Jira Software.

I have good news for you though. In the coming weeks you will soon have the ability to add, rename, and delete columns directly from the Jira Work Management board view in team-managed projects.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hey Samuele,

This might not be popular with Mr. Canham :-)   But you can create a Jira Software board separately and use it with your JWM project. 

You will need to create a filter for the JWM project, something like Project = ABC ORDER by Rank ASC where ABC is the project key for your JWM project. Be sure to save the filter and share it. Or you can use an existing filter if one exists with the same issues in it.

Go to your list of boards and click on Create board

Choose either Kanban or Scrum

Choose create based on an existing Filter.

Then attach it to the new filter you just created.

For the Location field, you will not be able to use a Team-managed, Business, or JSM Project - only Classic Software projects. Or you can link to your profile - probably best in this case. But this will not keep the new board from working - it really only cares about the project(s) in the filter.

Then you are all set. You can modify the board as you need to.

One side note - you will not be able to click on the Board option as normal for the project as that will take you to the built-in board. You will need add a shortcut on the left side menu and include a link to the new board. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events