Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira project visual improvement

Anastasiya October 19, 2022

Hi!

Me and my colleagues from Support team work with Jira tasks every day and we would like to find some ways to make our Jira project easier and more structured for our users.

Please let us know if there are any ways to add colors to the Jira dashboards (set any other from white color schemes) and also add a menu from the prefilled templates for users.

Thank you! 

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2022

Hi @Anastasiya

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for, but you may want to have a look at the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue views. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including conditional formatting.

With conditional formatting, you can color your issues based on whether they fulfil certain conditions that you can define. E.g., in the below example, we mark all issues that contain the word "partner" in blue:

conditional-formatting.gif

We'll add the ability to also change the text color (not just the background color) very soon.

Because you said that you're on Jira Server: Unfortunately, Atlassian doesn't allow new Server apps on the Marketplace. However, JXL is perfectly compatible with Server - it's just that we need to generate a license for you. If you're interested in a free trial, just let me know!

Best,

Hannes 

Anastasiya October 20, 2022

Thank you for suggestion! My team and I will look into it and contact you if this is what we need. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Hi Anastasiya - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

To be honest, I do not know for sure. We have Jira Software Server

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2022

With Company-managed projects, you can add a color stripe to the left side of the card based on JQL.

Got to the board and then Board Settings. 

Then click on Card Colors

Thank you! And are there any plugins for such cases? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

There might be, but I am not sure how good they work. You will just need to search on the Atlassian Marketplace and do a trial for them to test them. 

I see, thank you.

Maybe, you could let me know the titles of these plugins? We searched on the Marketplace and I am not sure which plugin may help, there are too many of them 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

I don’t know any specific ones. But search for the word color.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events