Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira import from CSV, can't get Resolved date to fill.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2023

Morning everyone.

I am attempting to bulk import a bunch of open and completed items into a demo project, but resolved items are not showing a resolution date. 

• I've mapped to date resolved field, but that didn't fill out the system resolution. 
  • Resolution = Done works, but there is no resolution date after import; These closed items just have created and updated dates.
  • I thought it had to map to resolved but that looks to be a custom field...

What am I missing here?

raid.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2023
  • I just deleted the custom field resolved.
  • Here is the mapping. 

mapping.png

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2023

Thought maybe there was a conflict with the resolution date if updated date is today.

Attempted to import Updated Date (10/18/23) and match it with Resolution Date (10/18/23), but this was not successful. 

date.png

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2023

Per Atlassian, the date format should be set to "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a". After attempting the import, the resolution dates populated accordingly.

Since my CSV had multiple types of date fields, I had to do two imports (initial import and one to fix the resolution date).

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2023

Hi @Jonathan Smith

I think there is an issue on the date notification in the CSV file.

What I usually do is, JQL some issues with the required. fields you want to use for a csv import.

Export this result, and use a simple editor like notepad, sublime text or other to open the export file. Check the date notation.

Adjust you import CSV to match the date notation, now the import should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events