Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work management is not available on your cloud site

Adapa, Naga Raju September 12, 2022

Hi All,

I'm receiving an error stating "Jira Work management is not available on your cloud site" while Migrating a set of (Software + Business) Projects from Jira Server to Atlassian Cloud using JCMA. Why it is blocking the migration with this product, As my source (Jira Server) doesn't have this Product. 

And I'm able to create the Business type Projects in Cloud without the Jira Work Management. 

Why it is forcing me to add the Product to the Site, which incurs additional cost for the Product in billing..

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2022

Hi,

The Jira Work Management pre-flight check has been added in v1.7.3 of the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.

If you have Business Projects or Users and Groups with product access to Jira Core in your Migration plan then you have two options to pass this check successfully.

1. Add Jira Work Management (Formerly Jira Core Cloud) to your destination site to preserve group membership OR
  2. Remove groups that have application access to Jira Core on your Server/DC instance, this is found under Administration settings.

If neither of these is an option for you, please reach out to support.

Why did we add this check?

One of the top error codes we've observed in our monitoring has been permission errors due to missing products such as JWM. If you disable this pre-flight check with the dark feature flag, you will ignore the pre-flight and likely fail after the migration has completed. 

We figured it is better to have this information up front and correct before finding out after. 

Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2022

image.png
Here's an example of the error we're trying to avoid customers running into by front-loading this in the pre-flights. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Thanks @Dylan for the information!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

@Dylan why isn't JWM just a part of JSW, included from the start just by virtue of having JSW?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Thanks @Dylan this is really nice. I had to abort a migration before because of this requirement as my site did not have JWM and I had businesses projects to migrate. 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Thanks @Dylan for the information!.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2022

Can anyone state without ambiguity that you will not have to pay separately for JWM if you pay for JSW?

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2022

Regarding my last question, I got an answer here, and it was a very positive one:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-an-official-statement-that-says-you-will-not-need-to/qaq-p/2138894#M550044

"Jira Software and Service Management are built on top of Jira Work Management. If you have a license for either Jira Software or Service Management, you also get Jira Work Management with project templates made specifically for business teams. The Jira Work Management plan you inherit depends on what plans you have for your other Jira Cloud products."

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Dylan
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2022

That's correct @[deleted] , apologies for not seeing your question earlier. However, the way the check is running at the moment it needs JWM specifically provisioned under the billing subscriptions. Best thing to do at present is to activate a JWM trial on your target instance, run your migration and then deactivate if no longer required. 

In the next release of JCMA, we will downgrade the severity of this check to be non-blocking. Some customers have expressed feedback that they would prefer the migration to fail at run-time instead of pre-flight.

Side note: If you are migrating to a Sandbox site, we can't provision JWM directly so the check will become blocking and you must work around it.

Only impacts Premium and Enterprise customers as Sandbox is not available on the Standard Plan. If you are affected by this - please review the workaround on this Bug report. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-1169 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

@Dylan, if JWM is included with a JSM or JSW license why would it need to be explicitly deactivated?  Will there be any loss of functionality?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

In other words, why isn't JWM automatically part of a site when JSW/JSM is added?

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

Jira Work Management is the base product for Jira Cloud, so it will not incur a separate cost if you already have Jira Software. 

You should open a support ticket with Atlassian if you have not already. Please post back here with the resolution so others will know. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Mark Cassman September 12, 2022

I'm getting the same error. I'm testing a migration that is planned for 4 days from now.

Rob White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2022

I'm getting this too.  Our first migration is tomorrow and now it is saying 'Jira Core is now 'Jira work management' but I can't get past the error in the migration wizard and my billing screen is now not showing

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Please open a support ticket. 

Dominik Uebersax
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 15, 2022

Oh man... we were also just about ready to do the Cloud Migration, ran some last tests and now we are stuck here too. Can't get this check to pass. Was all fine before.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2022

If JWM is the base product, why does it need to be added separately?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Radhika Patodiya
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2022

Hello everyone, for more detailed information, please refer to the following MIG Tickets - 

1. Sandbox related issues - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-1169
  2. Non-sandbox environment - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-1171

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events