Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management user

fatih_eksi August 24, 2021

Hi, I have a problem when creating issue. I added a user which has only access jira work. When That user try to create an issue , for that user reporter field does not seem correct . You can see the image below. Also that user can not add any follower. But If I give jira permission  to that user  , everything is ok. Could you explain me why this happens , 

Create Issue.jpg

2 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hello @fatih_eksi,

Welcome to Community!

What might be happening, in this case, is that the groups that the user is a member, don’t have Browse users and groups permission, that’ why if you add them to another group, it works.

If you are a Jira administrator, please go to Cog icon > System > Global permission.

On this page, where it says “Grant permission”, select “Browse users and groups” and the group jira-workmanagement-users > Add. You can also add this permission for any other group if necessary.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Hi Fatih- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The value in the reporter field in your image is probably the account id for the user. Once the issue gets created, it should be displaying the user's name. Can you verify that?

Also, what kind of field is the Follower field? And how did you give the user permission for that field? Your post says that you are using the Free version which does not allow changes to permissions. 

fatih_eksi August 25, 2021

Hi John thanks for your reply. 

After Creating issue , Reporter filed seems normal like above.

jira work  bug.jpg

Follower is User Picker (multiple users) field. I added this field to create/ edit screen for  an issue type in jira work management project. When I look permissions for project , it says like that

The permission scheme for Jira Core Free. In Free, any registered user can access and administer this project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

So what happens when the user clicks on the Follower field? They will need to start typing names for anything to show up. 

And whatever happens, is that the same thing you see happen when you do it? Or is it different? 

fatih_eksi August 25, 2021

When the user start the typing, nothing will happen. and for the same project when i typing in follower field, it works well.

Also when ı give permision that user for jira , that user has no problem. But I want that user use only jira work .

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2021

Try adding another field with just a single user type as a test and see if the user can update that one. 

fatih_eksi August 26, 2021

Assingnee field which is a select list is working normal  as you can see below. But reporter field does not. 

sil.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Going to see if someone from Atlassian can help out. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events