Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management only supports Team-managed projects?

Jill Vieregge May 18, 2023

I did some googling and it seems you can have a corporate-managed project under Jira Work Management. I went to create a new project and it gave me a selection of templates and only seems to support team-managed projects.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi Jill, 

Yes, you can create Company-managed projects for Jira Work Management. They were actually the first type and then Team-managed was added later. Unfortunately, they have made Team-managed the default type, so if you are not careful, you will not see to change that. 

Be sure to click on the Show More link on the dialog box that asks for the name of the project. Then change the value for Project Type to Company-managed.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Work Management projects do support Company Manage projects.

Which template specifically did you select?

It may be that some templates support only Team or only Company rather than both.

Also I've seen that with some template I select I don't get prompted to choose between Team and Company Managed. But on the last screen where I enter the project name, if I click the Show More option...

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.37.03 PM.png

...then I get an option to choose between Team and Company.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.36.54 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events