Jira Work Management: Tool for cutover planning?

Nikolaj Kübler December 13, 2022

Hi all, I am looking for a tool that we (business team) can use to schedule an ERP cut-over. 

In principle, it is about scheduling tasks on a timeline / calendar (period of about 3 months). At least in the hot phase (period of about 14 days), the tasks should be scheduled on date and time. Dependencies should be displayed visually.

I had put my hopes on JWM. But after a short evaluation I miss the following:

1. Date and time in tasks are only possible via Custom Defined Fields
  2. When custom defined fields are used, these tasks are no longer visualized on the calendar view or timeline. At least I have not been able to find out how this works.
  3. Day view not available in calendar or timeline.
  4. Possibility to insert milestones

Is JWM recommended for my use case or not?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Niko 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi Nikolaj - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You probably need an add-on app to do the things you wish - probably Structure or Big Gantt.

The way we got around the date and time shortfall was to create an automation rule that updated the Due Date (and/or Start Date) using the value from the custom date/time field. It will still just have the date shown, but it will show on the calendar that way. 

You will won't be able to have a Day view. And you won't be able to create Milestones as such, though you might be able to just create an issue with the same Start and Due Date. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events