Jira Work Management Forms - Anonymous Use

Ryan August 30, 2022

Hello all,

I am currently attempting to setup a form in Jira Work Management that can be publicly accessible to create new issues, but not allow any further access.

I have honestly scoured through the community pages and cannot seem to get this to work. I have tried in both Team-managed, and Company-managed project types, and have created a permission scheme that looks right (allow public to create, only allow logged-in to view, etc.) but still to no avail.

We have paid JWM as well, for context.

Is there someone out there who can explain how to do this in simple terms, and whether this is a function that can be done in both Team or Company types, or only one or the other?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

In order for a user to have access to the form in a Work management project they have to have a Jira license. You would have to use a Jira Service Management project if you want anyone to be able to submit a request. 

Ryan August 30, 2022

Hello,

On the JWM page is mentions 'Anonymous' access to create issues - are you saying that that does not extend to the forms functionality?

Even here it mentions something similar, but to enable 'create issue' permissions for non-users, which in theory would allow anonymous users to create issues.

anon_jira.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

My bad, you are correct. In order to allow anonymous access you would have to change the permission scheme the project is using by adding Public to the Create issue permission, see this KB for more information.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events