Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software or Jira Work Management?

Fabian Plattner March 2, 2022

Hello Community, 

I recently started implementing Jira Service Management (for Ticket Management) and Jira Work Management (Project Management) for our 15 headed Support Team which supports a manufacturing group with over 150+ employees. Our Support Team is splitted in a couple of smaller Teams - each for different tasks (Administration/Computerized Systems/Technics) so you can guess, we have a variety of topics to handle (like normal business projects but also software specific). So, because of that variety in our Teams I got skeptical in the last days if JWM would the right solution for us or JSW would be the better go to application? 

Did someone had a similar case or has some feedback for me? 

BR 

Fabian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Fabian Plattner 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In my opinion and experience, using JSW projects provides the highest level of functionality and flexibility regardless if your team is a "software" team or not. To me, that designation doesn't matter. You can turn off the software development features in a JSW project if you do not need them. 

I would actually consider using JSM for your support team. Especially if the employees they support will be opening tickets. For the part of your team that is not support related, then a regular JSW project would give them everything they would need with room to grow. 

Fabian Plattner March 2, 2022

Hi @Josh Costella 

so JSW it is ! Thank you for the fast and helpful response!

Hopfully i can convince my Managers for the extra money ;-)

BR 

Fabian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events