Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL query to find stories from X project that has dependency with stories from Y project

Anna Trubka May 29, 2023

Hey community! 
Can you please help with query to find stories from X project that has dependency with stories from Y project

3 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Anna Trubka

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would now be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchiesissue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting - as well as the ability to perform text filtering (with logical operators) on all issue fields and columns.

This is how it looks in action:

issue-link-filtering-v3.gif

Here, I'm filtering down to all issues that have an issue link to project JPD. For more complex use cases, you could also use regular expressions

Once you've narrowed down your list of issues, you can work on your issues directly in JXL, trigger various operations in Jira, or export your issues with just one click.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2023

Hi @Anna Trubka

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.

Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it dynamically.

In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all the stories from project x that are linked to stories from project y:

issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("project=yyy and type = story") AND project=xxx and type = story

Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.

We’ll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Maurício

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

@Anna Trubka 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community !!

May I know do you have linking between 2 stories which are dependent to each other?

Thanks,

Sachin

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

@Anna Trubka 

If they are linked using issue link type then using JQL you can filter out those issue

You need to use script runner plugin where issueFunction is there through that you can get the issue which has specific type of link

Like Sanjen Bariki likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events