Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for ''Time to assign' or 'Time to first response' in non-service desk Jira.

Daria Pavlova October 17, 2021

Dear community!

Please help me to to find out if there is any way to calculate 'Time to assign' or 'Time to first response' metrics in Jira.

This is not a Service Desk solution so there is no possibility to use SLA functions. 

Thanks on advance!

5 answers

4 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Daria Pavlova

If you need to set SLA for non-Service Desk projects, you can use third-party add-ons. SLA Time and Report app can help if you are on Cloud (it's developed by my team). It works for Jira Software, Jira Core, and Service Management. Also, you can use it for Classic and Next-gen Projects.

Kind regards

Daria Pavlova October 18, 2021

Thank you! Will definitely consider this.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2021

Hello @Daria Pavlova ,

Jira does not give this information out of the box. If you are OK with using a marketplace app, our team at OBSS built Time in Status app for this exact need and more. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud, and Data Center.

Time in Status allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status and each assignee

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.pngtisCloud_AssigneeDuration.png   

You can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example average resolution time per week, month, issuetype etc.

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Average_TimeGrouped.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts.

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example, see average InProgress time per project and per issue type.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX, or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/

EmreT

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
October 18, 2021

Hi @Daria Pavlova , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, what you are looking for is not possible with the built-in functionalities of Jira and JQL. Because JQL can not make calculations and you need status time calculation.

For this exact need we developed Status Time Jira app. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status or assignee. By grouping statuses you can get resolution time(E.g from new status to done status). You can also export the report as CSV and open it in excel.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot! I think it is also can be helpful.
The problem is the project is very chaotic. Too many different teams are working with it and everybody has they own flows and custom request types and there is no way to unify. 
I am trying to handle statistics for all of them so there are a lot of limitations. 

Like Bloompeak Support likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Daria Pavlova 

Welcome to the community!
SLAs are in-built features of JSM Projects 

Jira doesn't provide those metrics, unfortunately.

However, there are Marketplace Apps such as Time to SLA which you try out for your use case.

Cheers

Ajay 

Thanks, Ajay. I will try:)

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
October 18, 2021

Hi @Daria Pavlova 

If you would be interested in a readymade solution, you can try out our plugin,

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the time in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue and you can filter by issue type as well. You can also combine your statuses to define your lead/cycle/resolution time and also extract the transitions history of the issues. The main features of the app are as below

• More than 8 types of Time in Status Reports. Excel Export available for all status reports.
    • Time in Status
    • Time with Assignee
    • Time in Status with Assignee
    • Time with Assignee per Status
    • Status/Assignee Count
    • Multiple Transition Reports
    • Avg Time reports
  • Status grouping
  • Save your reports
  • CSV Export
  • Multiple chart types

TIS.PNG

Dave September 28, 2022

Good Afternoon,

@Rahul_RVS_Support 
I need the ability to produce a report in ticket order that will display

a. the date time a ticket was opened

b. the date time a ticket was closed (Done)

c. * how many hours /days the ticket was open.

* to have the option of using the day as in 24/7 hours as well as using the SLA for that ticket. which might be 8am to 5 pm 5 days a week -  if needed but having either or of those options

The report screen shot provided while it might be suitable for others - I don't see the point of  calculating the time a ticket has been done for- if I'm reading that correctly.

Will I be able to achieve this in this .app and where do I find the costing so I can advise management.

Many thanks

Regards

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
September 29, 2022

Hi @Dave 

Thanks for reaching out.

And apologies in being late on getting back.

Please find my responses for the queries.

a. the date time a ticket was opened

Ans: The report First Transition to Status should achieve this as in the screenshot below.

It will show when each issue was transitioned to each status on which date and time.

Transtion to Status.PNG

b. the date time a ticket was closed (Done)

Ans : Same as above

c. * how many hours /days the ticket was open.

Ans : The report Time in Status per time grain can help to achieve this. You can also define which all statuses you want to see in this.

TIS-Time Grain.PNG

* to have the option of using the day as in 24/7 hours as well as using the SLA for that ticket. which might be 8am to 5 pm 5 days a week - if needed but having either or of those options.

Ans: You can change the working calendar settings any time to view the reports. The data will be adjusted accordingly. It allows you to set 24/7 working hrs as well.

TIS-User Settings.PNG

Pricing information is available here.

Please let me know if you need a demo of the app. I believe it will be helpful as there are many more features which might be helpful for your reporting purpose.

Thanks

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events