Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA WORK MANAGEMENT

Teresa Colucci February 22, 2022

We switched from Jira Software view to Jira Work Management and I once I create the project I can't see the timeline option on the left side with the Board and Roadmap options. Do you know why? Is this related to the wrong permission?

Is there a way I can duplicate projects in Jira Work Management view?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

Hello @Teresa Colucci ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you're creating the project(s) what template are you using?  It sounds like you're creating a Jira Software project.  Roadmaps are a Software-only view.

Teresa Colucci February 22, 2022

Hello @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Thank you for your reply.
I've used the Kanban Team Managed template and I want to get these options on the left hand side, which I don't get:
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 16.39.51.png

How can I get it?
Thanks

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

You're going to have to use one of the Jira Work Management templates.  Kanban is still a Software project template.

Make sure "Work Management" is selected on the sidebar.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 9.55.05 AM.png

Teresa Colucci February 24, 2022

Thank you @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ and sorry for the late reply! 
Which project template should I select once I clicked on Work Management sidebar as shown in your screenshot?
I've got a long list of templates on the right side but I am not sure of which one I can select.
Thank you for your help.

Teresa Colucci February 25, 2022

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ could you please assist me with the above? I am not sure what template I can use in Work Management view, in order to get the sidebar looking like the first screenshot above.

Thank you for your help.

Like John Funk likes this
robertwen February 25, 2022

You should be able to use any of them.  Project Management is a good starting point.

If you want to learn more, @John Funk recently wrote a book on Jira Work Management.  You may want to pick it up.

Teresa Colucci February 25, 2022

Thanks for your help! Will try any template and hope I get what I aim for.

Will also take a look at @John Funk book! Thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events