Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with status errors?

David Morgan November 8, 2022

Hello

I’m using Jira Work Management, have created a number of project boards with multiple Issues / Child Issues etc.

In the same project board, there is mixed experience as to whether all of the functionality re Status will work or not.

Here are some examples:

1. Child issues; 2 shown as Done, 2 To Do / Scheduled. Progress bar shows as all Done (complete blue line) but % shows as 0.
  2. Issues which are in progress having a line through them; Issues which are Done, not having a line through themJWM error1.pngJWM error2.pngJWM error3.png

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

The strikeout is not directly generated by status, it's done by having the resolution field not empty (if it's null, the issue is unresolved, if there's any value, including ones like "open" or "needs more work", then it is resolved, and struck out)

Most of us try to line up setting and clearing the resolution with our end-status in the workflow.  So going into a status in the last column on your board will set, or ask the user to set, a resolution, and moving an issue from the last column to any other will clear it.

Looking at your screenshots, I think you've got your status and resolution into a bit of a mess. 

You appear to be doing the opposite of what I've described - you've got resolved issues that are "in progress" and unresolved issues that are "done".  I would want to edit your workflow, implementing the setting and clearing of resolution in a different order.

"Done" should be in the "Done" category (green), "In progress should be in the ""in-progress category" (blue) and To-do/scheduled is ok, but if it's actually the first status in your flow, I would think about moving it to "to-do" (grey)

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  many thanks for unravelling my mess! All appears to be sorted!

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

Hey David,

With Jira Work Management projects, Done issues will disappear from the Board after 2 weeks. That's probably what you are seeing if it is only a discrepancy in Done issues. 

Hello John!

Unfortunately it's not that! In fact it's probably the opposite... 

I guess there's a bug in the background?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2022

Were IRS-5 and IRS-6 every done at some point and then reopened? 

@John Funk possibly?! But all sorted now! Many thanks for this!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events