Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add component without clicking into ticket?

Ashton Danks January 7, 2022

As specified above. Is there a functionality which would allow a user to add a component to a ticket without clicking into the ticket itself. This would help with efficiency as it would negate the need to go into a ticket.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi Ashton, welcome to the community.

Where exactly or how exactly would you like to accomplish this. Maybe you're wanting to do something like this in a list view or in a board view or something else question. I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be you can't get there from here but without understanding we're here is I can't say that for sure.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

@Ashton Danks , Correct, you cannot modify the Component in any List view currently. If imortant requirement you might check the Marketplace.

Ashton Danks March 14, 2022

Ah that's a shame! Thank you for your help. Both :) 

Ashton Danks March 15, 2022

@Jack Brickey @Curt Holley any ideas as to how I would add it here?

Capture.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2022

What screen is this? Basically you need to add the Component field to the screen. Project settings > Issues > screens click the pencil icon which takes you to the screen scheme. In the table click the name of the screen which takes you to the list of fields on the screen where you can add Components.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2022

Looks like the "Resolve issue" screen @Jack Brickey 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2022

That was my thought. Assuming so then edit the screen used in the transition to done and add component.

Like Curt Holley likes this
0 votes

@Jack Brickey @Curt Holley 

My question is based around this example:

In this imagine, I have selected a ticket but I have no option to be able to add a component to the ticket without going into the ticket itself. I was wondering if there is a way to add a component to this ticket from where I am

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2022

The only way would be via automation. But to do that you need to understand the condition/s under which a component would (or wouldn't) need to be added, as well as the trigger that would get the automation to run.
But as @Jack Brickey says, we really need to better understand not only the Where or How, but also the Why. As wanting to edit an issue without touching it is quite the trick (thus automation as my suggestion). 

@Jack Brickey @Curt Holley 

My question is based around this example:

In this imagine, I have selected a ticket but I have no option to be able to add a component to the ticket without going into the ticket itself. I was wondering if there is a way to add a component to this ticket from where I amNoComponent.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events