Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use both the paid and free versions at the same time?

Beto - Sergio Roberto Osorio July 14, 2022

Hello,
My company has licenses for Jira Softwrae and Jira Service Management, so we have free access to Jira Work Management. But now we need some employees to have access to the paid JWM features. Is it possible for some to use the paid version and others to use the free version in the same instance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Not within the same instance. What I might suggest is to convert your free JSM to paid and only license those users that need the features. Then you can create a separate JSM free instance for other users. With that said I would advise to think through this carefully. It is highly likely that you will suddenly find that free instance needs to convert. In that scenario you would find yourself having to export all the issues out of the free instance and then importing it into your paid instance.

Beto - Sergio Roberto Osorio July 15, 2022

Hi, Jack! Thanks for your response and your time.
I don't think I explained my problem well. My company has 17 employees and we consume 13 Jira licenses (Picture1). From what I read, by consuming a Jira license I would have full access to Jira Work Management. But that doesn't happen (Picture3). I would like everyone to have full access to JWM, so I would only need 4 licenses, right? Could the problem be linked to an unused site in my instance (Picture2)? I really need to resolve this issue to continue the good use we have with your great product. Can you help me?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)Picture1.pngPicture2.pngPicture3.png

I'm sorry Jack, but I really don't know if I should mark the answer as accepted, considering that I made a reply. Can you guide me through this as well? Thanks a lot

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

Hi @Beto - Sergio Roberto Osorio ,

for sure do not accept an answer unless you feel it closes/resolved your question. Now with that said I'm a bit confused. You refer to Jira Work Management JWM in one case and yet in another, and in your images it showing Jira Service Management JSM. To make things clear if you were using Jira software then it includes JWM however it does not include JSM. This is a separate paid application. JSM is licensed on "agents" while the Customers are free. Agents can be assigned and work issues. Your other Jira software licensed users can browse and comment but not be assigned or work on issues.

Ok. I'll try to simplify: I have licenses of Jira Software and I figured I would have all access to Jira Work Management. But I can't, for example, tell who can access a project in JWM. It tells me to upgrade. Could this be because some users in my instance only have a license for Confluence or because of the other site, which is in Picture2?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2022

So any user that you want to have JWM access simply needs to have a license to Jira. If you have a JWM project you should be able to add any Jira licensed users to the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events