Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Active Directory groups with an approval workflow?

Eben Chaffee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

We are trying to simplify the ability to get approval from 2 different groups as part of a workflow. I want them to be defined via AD groups so that administration is easier. Is this possible in JWM?

3 answers

1 vote
Jason S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hi @Eben Chaffee ,

Unfortunately our Approvals feature does not support direct usage of Groups or Active Directory to pre-select a set of approvers.

It's an interesting idea, though, and we'll consider this feedback as we plan our roadmap. 

Regards,

Jason

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Hi Eben - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One option is to install a connector app from the Marketplace for AD to Jira. Then create a custom field of user picker type to populate with the Supervisor/Manager from AD. Then you can use an automation rule to copy the value from the custom field into the Approvers field at the appropriate time.  

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Hi @Eben Chaffee,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently that is not possible, because the approval in JWM can only have either a preset list of users that can approve, or a user pick list field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events