Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to unify multiple issues to one issue?

Simon Huprich December 27, 2021

Hi!

In one of our teams it regulary happens that there are multipe issue (about 5-10) that should be unified to just one ticket. This is necessary because the team has to work with the single issue but the also need a new issue which refers to all single issues.

It´s like having 3 different issue called "apple", "orange" and "banana" and I want to unify them to a new "fruits" ticket.

It would be nice to have the opposite of the "split issue" function.

I already thought about creating manually a new ticket and linking all the other issues to the new one. But in this case all the information still would be spread to every single ticket.

So, is there a better way?

Thank you.
Greetings
Simon

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

Hi @Simon Huprich ,

As Jack mentioned above, this option is not available natively. You can try our app Issue Merger PRO for Jira which provides merging functionality, manually as well as automatically. We also released a "lite" version of this app, built on Forge called Issue Merger for Jira. I recommend you to try them. I hope you'll find them useful :)

Cheers,

Appsvio team

Thank you!
I will check it!
Greetings

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

Unfortunately Jira does not currently provide a ‘merge’ function. The only option is to link them. I do this with duplicate requests. In some instances I will Close the duplicates and add the reporter of those issues as request participants of the one issue I am leaving open. In those cases I would generally add a note from the closed issues to keep the context within the one open issue. 

Thank you!

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Simon Huprich,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option to merge Jira issues would be our Jira cloud app Merge Agent for Jira. 

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hestiate to contact us.

Simon Huprich January 4, 2022

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine ,

thank you for your answer!
Is it possible to merge custom fields?
Is there a limit of how many issue can be merged at once?

Greetings
Simon

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

You're welcome @Simon Huprich.

• Custom Fields can be merged with Merge Agent for Jira if they have a value. 
  • There is no limit about how many issues can be merged at once.

You can test Merge Agent for Jira for free for a minimum of 30 days.

If anything doesn't work as expected, please reach out to us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events