Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show a linked item in versions?

Sarah Jones January 20, 2022

If I have an items linked to a story, is it possible to have Fix Version, show these items?

So we wanted to have Epic > Story > Task > Sub task (we needed the extra layer) but you cant create a task from story, so we linked them together. Now using Fix versions the tasks are not appearing, they all have fixed versions on them, but do not have epic links. 

So if you click on a version then on an epic I see nothing and I want to see the tasks linked to the stories. Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Sarah Jones 

If you are ok for a marketplace app, to visualize your Links & Epic Hierarchy, we have created an add on for this need

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

You can also view the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues, Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

You can filter for fixed version of your projects too.

Key features :

• Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels
  • Ability to add/remove the columns on the report

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Worklogs reports etc which the app provides.

Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers of the app

Links Hierarchy.png

Sadly I am not sure an app will be approved, but will definitely look into it. Thank you.

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi Sarah, 

Assuming you want to see them on the epic view, I think you will need to rely on 3rd party apps.

You could use apps like "Issue Matrix" and "Stagil Assets", which will enhance the linked issues section on your Epic View (You can use JQL to filter any issue relations/custom fields, etc.)

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

Aww okay thank you

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL