Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restict the history view for some user roles

Simon Huprich November 4, 2021

Hi,
I would like to restrict the history of an issue for some specific users / project roles.
Is it possible to do this?
Greetings
Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

The short answer is no, you cannot limit who have access to the history view. Any user that can view the issue can also view the history of it.

Simon Huprich November 4, 2021

Hi Mikael,
Thank you for you answer!

Do you have any idea how can protect sensitive information in the following situation:

- We got one issue type where users with a specific project role enter information (some of them are classified).
- In a specific step of the workflow the issue typ changes and users with a different project role can now see the issue with this second issue type which hides the classified information.

My problem now is the following:

I noticed that even if the second issue typ hides the classifed information, there is still a possibility to see it, if the first project role had to change this information using the first issue type. Because then this change (of the classifed information) can be found in the history and - like you already said - everyone can see it.

Ideas?
Greetings
Simon

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Okay, so instead of changing the issue type you may want to consider creating a new issue and copy over the information that is needed. By doing this you can keep the sensitive data separate and the only the specific users will be able to see the history of the first issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events