Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a Work Management Form Per Issue Type?

Matt Steadman December 22, 2021

I have 2 issues types on a Work Management Project. Each Issue Type uses a different Create Screen. I have a Form on this project but it only has the fields available for one Issue Type. Is it possible to create another Form for the second Issue Type?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Matt Steadman 
Not currently, but it is something being worked on by Atlassian that we will hopefully see next year.

The fields you see in the form will be for the default issue type, which is the only issue type you can make a form for....currently.

0 votes
Miguel Morales February 3, 2023

@Heather Roberts I noticed your reply from the thread above. Do you know when you will have the Forms to create Sub-Tasks?  I'm using Work Management Project. My team is interested in using the Forms, but Sub-task is not an issue type. Also, there is no way to create Forms in Software Projects? and for Sub-Tasks as well? I don't see that anywhere. Thanks

0 votes
Heather Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Today we have finished releasing our new forms experience where you can pick your issue type when you click the "Create form" button, and you can also change the issue type within the form builder.

See the full docs here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/how-to-create-edit-save-and-delete-a-form/

Dave Ung October 23, 2022

Hey Heather, 

We're still unable to select a different issue type when creating or editing a form, was this rolled out to all cloud accounts?

Heather Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Dave Ung, yes this has been rolled out to all accounts for several months now. You should be able to choose between any issue type at task level, we do not currently support epic or subtask types.

Can you share more about your issue - do you not see a dropdown menu at all? What issue types are there in your project that you would expect to pick from?

Thanks!

Dave Ung November 6, 2022

Hi @Heather Roberts ,

I raised a ticket with support and now do have the drop down when I click on forms.

Likely a browser issue.

So its looking good!

Thanks!

Like Heather Roberts likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS