Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the list view columns for all users

Ronnie Jorgensen November 17, 2021

Hi everyone,

New to JIRA, so please do bear with me. Is it possible to change the columns shown in the list view of a project? I have found the Screens underneath the Project Settings but any of those 3 screens do not affect what I can see in the list view :)

3 answers

0 votes

When i create a new "entry" or "issue" on my project i can i can see that is a TASK issue type. i assume globally the task issue type has certain fields inside it.

Can i not copy this global task issue and modify the fields? 

@Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira do you know this?

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

Hey @Ronnie Jorgensen

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if I get you right, you want to copy the "Task" issue type. From looking at `https://<your jira>/jira/settings/issues/issue-types` - where you manage your issue types - I don't see that option. So you may have to manually create other issue types, if you feel you need more.

This being said, I think it may be worth asking this as a seperate community question, as it seems largely unrelated to your initial question?

Best, 

Hannes

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

Hi @Ronnie Jorgensen

to the best of my knowledge, the column configuration of the list view is "per user", and not shared across all team members. So while you can remove a column for yourself (by clicking the "Plus" button at the top-right corner), it will still be shown for others.

If you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged list/spreadsheet experience for Jira that allows you to configure specific "views" on your issues (so-called Sheets), which can then be used by all team members. It comes with features such as inline editing (individually or in bulk), support for issue hierarchies, copy/paste support, and much more.

Here's how it looks in action:

jxl-in-action.gif

You can also find a short explainer video here.

(Dislaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes 

Hi Hannes,

I dont fully understand why i can remove priority from create, edit and view screens and from the issue type but it still shows up in the "List View". that seems odd to me.

Obviously I know you dont make the rules and decisions for this :)

Not sure if we will look at JXL, but thank you very much for the suggestion at least.

Marketplace Partner
November 17, 2021

Hi @Ronnie Jorgensen

yeah, AFAIK, screen configurations are largely disconnected from the list view. (Which is, to a degree, understandable, as the list view can show different issue types with different screen configurations, in a combined list).

This is actually quite similar for JXL, but at least you only have to configure your view once for all your users.

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2021

Hello!

Not sure of what you're trying to do but it seems like you talk about configuration screen.

Screen are like forms you can pick different screen for edit /create or view purpose. If you can't see a specific field you can try the option "where's my field".

I tgood to know that a field doesn't show in view screen if there's no value inside it. Moreover a field with a context for a single or some project will not show on other project if there's no global context!

Hope this can help! 

This is the screen i am wanting to remove "Priority" for.

Image 1.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events