Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto assign tasks based on a employee schedule?

Florian Meier February 16, 2022

Hi, I'm new to this community and just getting started with Jira. great to meet you all! 

I am trying to solve the following problem with Jira.

We have set up an automated process that creates Jira tasks. We then want the open tasks to be automatically assigned to an available employee based on a work plan.

Is this possible with Jira or do you know of an add-on application that can do this?

Thank you very much for your answers.

2 answers

1 vote
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2022

Hi @Florian Meier 

Welcome to a community!

I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. Jira definitely doesn't solve such case. Our plugin has auto scheduler - the system automatically schedules (plans) Jira tasks you choose for optimal
workload. You could choose which tasks you would like to auto-schedule: all assigned to a team/person or the filtered ones. In this case all issues should be previously assigned. 
For auto assigning only scriptrunner could fits more, I think.

0 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2022

Hi @Florian Meier 

For as far as i know there are no plugins that can handle this. 

And the function is not integrated within Jira

I think this is a scenario where you have to think outside of the box. 

Is it a good idea? Is it easy to manage? probably not but here goes nothing. 

You could create a new project where you add a ticket per user that you want to be assigned. 

After that you can create an automation rule (with automation for Jira or scriptrunner) that is triggered when an issue is created. Let the it search for the matching issue in the new project and assign based upon the information that is stored there. 

But as i said, it's probably not the best idea.

I'm interested in other workarounds that other people would come up with. 

Regards

Dave

Florian Meier February 16, 2022

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for this outside-of-the-box approach. I'll try it out.

Best regards, Florian

Like Michał Widuch likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events