Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Jira Work Management just plain original Jira?

Darren November 3, 2022

I know Jira was once-upon-a-time just buttons 'To Do', 'In Progress', 'Done'

Then later came a plugin developer called Greenhopper that created Rapid Boards where we could have Scrum and Kanban Boards.  Atlassian later bought that and called it 'Jira Software' and then the original 'push button' Jira was called Jira Business or Jira Core

So is 'Jira Work Management' just the latest branding for old, original Jira Business / Jira Core?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Hi @Darren 

I don't think so. JWM has a lot more functionalities than Jira Core (currently on server) has. The backend could be the same (well... part of), but the functionalities that provides, do not exist on Jira Software, or JSM.

Darren November 6, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

"but the functionalities that provides, do not exist on Jira Software, or JSM." - ah, I must have missed this:  can you give an example of functionality that is in JWM that is not available in Jira Software, please?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@Darren it would be better if you could experiment with a free JWM instance, but here are some screenshots of functionalities that you will not find in jira core (to name a few):

Built-in dashboard/summary

JWM Built in dashboard.png

Forms

JWM forms.png

Calendar

JWM calendar.png

List

JWM list.png

Timeline

JWM timeline.png

Darren November 7, 2022

Thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  - the images really helped.  Yeah I can see what they've done :)  Thanks again :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events