Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intake Project to Dev Project

Heather Shaffer August 25, 2022

I would like to have an intake project in JIRA where internal customers submit their requests to the software team, based on specific data it will then generate a new issue on either Team A or Team B projects, and the Take request status will be updated as the individual team moves the request through the SDLC. I also want the Intake Request item to be linked to the Teams item but not allow the internal customer to view the teams specific item. Is this something that we are able to do on the Jira Data Center? 

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi Heather - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You posted this under the Jira Work Management product, which would be great for what you need. However, it is only available for Jira Cloud. 

If you have Jira Service Management - I would use that as the intake project because it has forms which can be used to capture then information. Then use automation for Jira to create the issues in the corresponding project. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Heather Shaffer 

You would need some sort of Automation App in place to achieve the requirement.

Recently Jira 9.0+ Version was released with Automation for Jira which is a no-code Automation, if you could upgrade your instance, you can achieve your requirement by defining the Automation up to a certain extent.

If there are any other add-ons such as Scriptrunner you can use those as well by writing the script to achieve the same

If you have any flow diagram for the requirement which you have put down, please help with that, we will be able to provide you the approach as well for the same

Let me know if you have any further queries

Thanks,
Pramodh

Heather Shaffer August 26, 2022

Customer Enters in Request -> Automation Triggered and Generates same exact request on new board -> Dev team works issue -> As Dev Team transitions the issue type through workflow it updates Customer Request on Customer Board. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events