Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In automotion. How I can set a delay of 2 days to create a task afther start an trigger is started.

timofei0536 March 22, 2023

I am trying to create a rule in jira automation. I need to implement the following:

1. The trigger started;
2. Then 2 days pass;
3. A task is created;

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @timofei0536 

Can you please explain your complete use case?

What is the event that starts your use case?

Why do you need to wait 2 days and then automatically create an issue?

What is the problem you are trying to solve with this automation?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @timofei0536 ,

So there isn't a delay feature insert automation. However, I suspect there is a way to achieve your goal. Maybe if we look at your use case a bit more we can come up with an alternative solution. Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve and why? At a bare minimum, you could create a custom date and record the date in your first rule, that triggers, and then have a second rule, running daily to check if it's been two days later. However, that may not meet your use case in might be a bit crude.

I'm trying to implement it the way you suggested, but I'm having difficulty:

1. In first rule, I create a variable when the trigger started.
2. Through the second rule, I will check whether 2 days have passed since the creation of the variable.

In the second paragraph, I have difficulties. Because JIRA writes that the variable will be visible only in the current rule. How can I create a global variable?

https://prnt.sc/fcrsDMBido9T

I'm trying to implement it the way you suggested, but I'm having difficulty:

1. In first rule, I create a variable when the trigger started.
2. Through the second rule, I will check whether 2 days have passed since the creation of the variable.

In the second paragraph, I have difficulties. Because JIRA writes that the variable will be visible only in the current rule. How can I create a global variable?

https://prnt.sc/fcrsDMBido9T

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Hello @timofei0536 

@Jack Brickey was making an assumption that the trigger that starts the 2-day wait is an event related to some issue. He is suggesting that you could have a custom date field in your issue, and use the first rule to fill in that custom date field when the original event trigger occurs. Then you would use a second rule to find the issues where that custom date field is 2 days in the past, and execute the steps to create the new issue that you need.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Indeed that was my thought process. 

@timofei0536 , can you describe your use case?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events