Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Issues>All issues grid can I show Epics as a Parent records and tasks/subtasks grouped underneath

Simon Wakeford November 24, 2022

Ideally I'd like to be able to go into issues>All issues grid, see all the EPICS listed with a + sign to show/hide all the tasks associated with the epic underneath.

If it was possible to have a second level to show/hide all the subtasks associated with a task, that would be great.

Essentially, I want to group the display by Epic, then by tasks associated with the Epic, then by subtasks associated with the task and be able to expand/hide as necessary in the grid.

I was hoping to be able to do this using JQL, but cannot find anything that looks like it might do the trick.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Hello @Simon Wakeford 

Welcome to the community.

It is not possible to use native JQL to display issues in search results based on the issue type hierarchy.

You've posted your question in the Jira Work Management community. If you are indeed working with a Jira project of type Business/Work Management, then the hierarchical view of issues is available in the List screen associated with that project type. The List screen is not available for other Jira project types like Software and Service.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events