Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to automate creation of a issue in another project.

Tushar Shinde May 17, 2023

Hi Team,

We plan to have automation in place when an issue is moved in one project from one column to another. New issue should get created in specific column of another project and email should be sent to admins about this activity taking place.

I have partially succeeded in implementing this where email is sent to admins on moving task but rule ends with 'some errors' which state that "Could not find create meta data for project/typeId - 10002/10062".

Another thing that we wanted is that issue should get created in specific column of another project.

How do we achieve this automation ? Looking forward for solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @Tushar Shinde 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please show us your entire rule and the Audit Log details that go with the execution of the rule. We cannot offer advice on how to change your rule without those details.

Tushar Shinde May 18, 2023

Hello Trudy,

Thanks for your response.

4.JPG3.JPG2.JPG1.JPG0.JPG

Please find screenshot of entire rule along with audit log after rule triggers attached.

Regards,

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

In the Create Issue step did you select the Project after selecting the issue type? You need to select the Project first, then the issue type.

Try pulling down the issue type list in that step and re-selecting the type of issue you want to create. Save and publish the rule and try running it again.

Projects and issue types each have a numeric ID in the database. The message is giving your the ID for the project and the ID for the issue type selected in the step.

For Company Managed projects issue types are shared. For any Company Managed project the ID for the Task issue type is the same as for all other Company Managed projects.

For Team Managed projects, even though they might all have an issue type named "Task", each one of those is considered a unique issue type and will get its own unique ID.

In the Create Issue step the list of issue types from which you select is based on the Project you selected. If you selected the Issue Type while Project said "Same project", it is the issue type for that project. If you then change the Project, the same named issue type might have a different ID.

Tushar Shinde May 22, 2023

Thanks Trudy,

I was able to achieve automatic creation of issue when i reduced the number of fields that get copied from parent issue. The only thing that i now wanted to work is if the activities of parent issue can get copied to the issue that gets created by automation in new project.

If you could help me with it. Thanks for your support till now. Really appreciate.

Thanks,

Tushar.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Hello @Tushar Shinde 

<EDITED>

My response (which I've deleted) was meant for a different post and didn't match up to your last question. I apologize for any confusion.

What type of activities are you wanting to copy from the original issue to the newly created issue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events