Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add a pair programmer assignee

AshaCR August 1, 2022

I want to add one more assignee name to the task as part of pair programming and i do not see an option as ASigneee2 or something like this..... is there a way to add another asignee

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
YogeshKR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Hi AshaCR, 

Some thoughts,

• Multiple assignee option is not possible in JIRA at a same time 
  • If you want,you can create new custom user picker field, which can be used as assignee2 and manage the notifications 
  • Or else, you can go with Sub-task by partitioning the main task into two/more and assigning to different assignee

Here are the few documents related to it , 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Assign-a-task-to-multiple-assignees/qaq-p/397690

Hope this helps you  !

Regards,
Yogesh

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hello @AshaCR ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

As @YogeshKR mentioned Jira doesn't support multiple assignee field by default. but you can create many as you want user picker custom field in Jira and add it to required screens, issue type etc.

AshaCR August 2, 2022

Hi Mayur, 

Although i have admin privileges am unable to add the pair assignee.....

can u help

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

@you need to create and add user picker custom field to issue and create/edit/view screen then only you will able to select the user from the list.

1 vote
Walker Heflin November 7, 2023

I understand JIRA wants to nominate a core driver for a story, fine makes sense.

BUT how do I properly ensure that the second paired programmer's time and efforts are represented in some way in reporting for a sprint to show they aren't sitting on their hands.

I just tried assigning a pointed subtask to the secondary person and that did not seem to change their personal capacity for the sprint. So I am not clear how utilizing subtasks and divvying out Assignee would be helpful when I am trying to evaluate each team member across a whole sprint.

I see @YogeshKR 's comment but the links do not seem to get to the last part to see the whole picture across the sprint as I think I would need in the end. Maybe there's a dashboard, report, or trick I'm not thinking about?

Mark Hedges
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

I was wondering this too.  That defeats other core features in Jira.  It seems like they don't have any notion of real teamwork.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events