I need to import link types by CSV and I cannot choose or map the link relation I need

Sofia Grunspan August 27, 2022

I'm trying to create Tasks (issuetype) that are "caused by" Story.
The problem is when I create the CSV document I've follow what is recommended in this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-issue-links-from-a-csv-file-in-jira-740262715.html

I wrote the link types "causes" and "is caused by" and try to map it in the import process I don't have how to choose them as you can see in the image.
From all the options I've chosed "Link Problem/ Incident" and after the importation had been made the result is I coul link the issues but the relation link is wrong, I mean the ones that supposed, "causes" appeared as "is caused by" and viceversa. There is a way I can do that and import the correct link types?LINKTYPES-IMPORT-CSV.jpgcsvdocscreenshot.JPGResult.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @Sofia Grunspan 

First create the issue linking in Jira and then you will be able to map when importing the issues via CSV

Create the issue links by navigating to Issues section in Jira administration in Issue Linking section

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,

Pramodh 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders