Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink option is not working for opening a ticket from project board for business type projects

Megha Mauni May 5, 2021

For business-type projects, while trying to open a ticket from project dashboard the hyperlink option is blocked for issue key post new updates in Jira cloud.

The same can be accessed using the kanban board for software-type projects.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hi Megha,

I understand that you are using a Jira Work Management project here created using the business template, however the board that appears within this project does not have a hyperlink on the card itself to that issue.  I can certainly understand why this is something you would want to see here, as this is an expected behavior when it comes to boards that exist within Software type projects.

However Jira Work Management is not always expected to have all of the identical same features as Jira Software.  That said, I did create a new feature request for this behavior over in JWMCLOUD-31.

In the meantime, you can left-click the card on that board in order to then see a hyperlink on the issuekey that you can click on to open in a new tab if you like.  I know that is an extra click and requires the page to load some additional information, but for the time being it feels like the best workaround to this limitation.

Andy

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

Hi Megha - Did Andy's answer take care of your need? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events