Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hyperlink option is not working for opening a ticket from project board for business type projects

For business-type projects, while trying to open a ticket from project dashboard the hyperlink option is blocked for issue key post new updates in Jira cloud.

The same can be accessed using the kanban board for software-type projects.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team May 06, 2021

Hi Megha,

I understand that you are using a Jira Work Management project here created using the business template, however the board that appears within this project does not have a hyperlink on the card itself to that issue.  I can certainly understand why this is something you would want to see here, as this is an expected behavior when it comes to boards that exist within Software type projects.

However Jira Work Management is not always expected to have all of the identical same features as Jira Software.  That said, I did create a new feature request for this behavior over in JWMCLOUD-31.

In the meantime, you can left-click the card on that board in order to then see a hyperlink on the issuekey that you can click on to open in a new tab if you like.  I know that is an extra click and requires the page to load some additional information, but for the time being it feels like the best workaround to this limitation.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Jira Work Management FAQ

Welcome to the Jira Work Management FAQ We're glad you're here. If you haven't already, watch our video to get a one-minute overview of Jira Work Management. Check out some basic technical and logi...

6,924 views 50 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you