Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger issue transition from issue transition in project board?

Sabrina Agnes March 23, 2023

I have 2 boards: The service management board and the project board. I already created automation if the issue from service management is approved, then an issue will be created in the project board. Now, I want to create automation if the issue transitioned in the project board, I want the related ticket.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi Sabrina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you linked the issues? 

Sabrina Agnes March 24, 2023

If I linked the issue, is it possible?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Yes, it is. You would create an automation rule based on an Issue Transitioned trigger. Add any Conditions to make sure you narrow down which issues this should affect. 

Then add a Branch for Linked Issues. 

Choose the Link types if there is a specific one you have used for linking the two issues.

Add a new action for Transition issue. 

Choose the Status you want the linked issue to Transition to. 

Sabrina Agnes March 24, 2023

Okay, I will try this approach. Thank you for the advice, John!

0 votes
sekhar reddy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Hi @Sabrina Agnes 

If you are using JMWE plugin then it is possible to transition the other project ticket or you can transition the linked Issues using the existing ticket by using "Transition issue(s) (JMWE app) Function for this transition."  post-function.

Thanks,
Sekhar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events