Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transition tickets from Jira Work Management to Jira Cloud

Keri Brownell August 25, 2021

Is there a way to take a task in Jira Work Management and easily convert it in Jira Cloud to be added to the engineering backlog? 

I ask because I want to keep a board in Jira Work Management that has a blend of tasks for operations and engineering, and want to be able to easily send a ticket to engineering with all of the prior context. 

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 vote
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2021

Hello @Keri Brownell 

I'm the Product Manager for the add-on Elements Copy & Sync, which lets you do just what you need.

What we can help you with is creating issues in Jira Software from issues in Jira Work Management automatically (with a post-function) or manually (by clicking a button in the issue). You can set up what you want to copy from the original issue (any fields, but also comments or attachments!) so that you will have the full history of the ticket in your new issue.

Don't hesitate to contact our support if you need any help.

Kind regards,

Julien

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

Hi Keri - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The only real way to do this would be to clone the JWM ticket to the Engineering project using automation. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events