Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set management dashboard for mutiple projects?

yingqi wu March 17, 2023

I'm a solution manager in a telecom company, my boss suggested me to use Jira as PM tool.

Here's some functions I need to achieve:
1,Breakdown each RFP into different tasks and assign them to different groups.

2,Set deadline for each tasks and notify them automatically.

3,My boss need to track each tasks and each projects in the dashboard view. If it can show the assignees working effiency that would be bertter.

However,

my questions are that , my boss doesn't want to create one Kanban for one project cause we need to handle hundreds of them per year. ,and it will mess up with other Kanbans of our company. Which means how to position and name the issue is confusing.

The others is , I don't think how I could be able to create the reporting view in Jira for my boss

2 answers

1 vote
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2023

Hi @yingqi wu

Welcome to the community!

If you want to create a dashboard for your boss where he can track and filter multiple projects at once, I can offer our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

The app makes it easy to create Dashboards for multiple projects at once.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2023

Hi Yingqi - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can create different projects if you like, but I think what I would consider is doing a different Epic for each RFP. Projects in Jira are really intended to be more like teams or products. They have a long life with typically no planned end date. 

Projects, by definition, have a planned start and end date/time. For that Epics make the most sense. You could also use Components to further group/categorize the types of RFPs or regions or whatever, if need be. 

Regardless, you can have a consolidated view on a dashboard by creating a filter that is inclusive of all of the projects/epics/etc. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events