Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search all issue a user is part of

Marinus Pennings September 25, 2023

Hi, 

we have a number of projects with various issue types, where each can have one or more "people fields (not restricted to a single user) I want to see all the issues a team member is involved in. I don't see any good options to search for that. I can search for assignee, reporter, and such, but not for custom people fields. I'm sure it's possible to do this using JQL?

Another option would be to automatically add everyone assigned to any of the people fields as a watcher and then search for watchers.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2023

Hello @Marinus Pennings 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You said "People" fields. That terminology is used with Team Managed projects. Are you trying to search for issues in Team Managed projects?

You should be able to create a JQL statement to search such fields. Start typing in the name of the field and fields with matching names should appear.

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 2.05.51 PM.png

I've also been able to find the fields with the Basic search and the +More button.

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 2.06.47 PM.png

Marinus Pennings September 26, 2023

Thanks for the very fast response and suggestion @Trudy Claspill . Correct, this is a team-managed project. Actually, I'm not very familiar with company-based projects. 

I'm embarrassed to say, but I don't know where to find the search in your screen shot. The closest I can find is to click on filter --> all issues. Then I get the following. One of my people fields is "reviewer" but when I type that under "More+" it doesn't show up. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. 

Screenshot 2023-09-26 19.58.08.png

Thanks,

Marinus

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2023

Hello @Marinus Pennings 

The screen image below shows how I got to the Search screen. It looks to me like what you did was select a specific filter to view rather than going to the Search screen.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.20.51 AM.png

Marinus Pennings September 29, 2023

Hi,

apologies for the slow response. Actually, I did the same, filters --> all issues. It just looks a bit different in my case (unless there are multiple filter menu tabs).

When I use the basis search under "more+" I don't see a "reviewer" field. I just noticed in your screenshot it shows as "+more" but in my screenshot it's "more+". So maybe we are looking at different things. I'm using Jira work management btw, not Jira software (in case that is the difference).

However, when I use the JQL search bar, "reviewer" does show up (when I start typing it shows up as suggestion) so I can use that. Problem solved. Thanks. I do have a different issue though, which I should probably ask in a new thread. 

Thanks for the fast and responses, it definitely helped

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

Glad I could help.

My environment has the Jira Software product installed, which includes the Jira Work Management project. If you have only the Jira Work Management project there may be some differences in the screens.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events