Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict assignable persons?

Anette Noll July 13, 2022

Hello all, I'm looking for a solution to this:

If the creator of a task is member of a certain usergroup (i.e. customer), than he/she may only be allowed to assign tasks to persons which are member of the same usergroup (customer).

I'm curious about the responses and ideas.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Hi Anette,

You would control that with the Assignable User permission in the Permission Scheme associated with the project. 

Anette Noll July 14, 2022

Hi John,

thanks for reply.

As Dirk mentions this is the place where the general configuration can be made.

But I would like to add an exception to that general configuration.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Right - you won't be able to control that to that level. But I think you can have the general config and then send an email through automation if the wrong user is assigned. 

Anette Noll July 24, 2022

This is a possible solution. In the meantime I created a user picker field with a usergroup filter behind it. The value is then copied into assignee field. This way customer doesn't need assign permissions and only can choose assignees we want him to choose

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

Hey @Anette Noll ,

what John mentions is indeed the general configuration on who can be assigned a ticket to. (Assignable User).

However, you can not dynamically filter based on who created the issue and what group(s) they are a member of to only allow users from that/those same groups to be assignee.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events