Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reorder statuses on board columns in Jira (Cloud based)

lorenz_schagemann July 25, 2022

Hi there! :)

We need to reorder the statuses on our boards.

I found already a description but, its not for cloud version: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-reorder-statuses-on-board-columns-in-jira-1005792525.html 

How can i change it in JWM cloud?

Greetings

Lorenz

1 answer

2 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @lorenz_schagemann ,

Have a look at the following documentation pages for Jira Work Management (JWM):

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

You should just be able to drag/drop

Hey Dave,

thank you for your answer. 
I already know that i can move the columnes via Drag and Drop... but only for each project itselfe.
I want to move all the columnes of all the projects who use this workflow without touching every single projekt itselfe.
I think this answer is not in the article, right?

Greetings
Lorenz

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

Correct, you'll need to change this manually for each board, this cannot be done in bulk.

But there must be a default setting for this.
Cause even if i clone a project where i already reordered it, its again in wrong order in the clone.

Is there no way to do that?

Greetings
Lorenz

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

Technically, yes, you could rebuild all your workflows and being careful to create all the status in the "right" order - the default settings for the board is to put the oldest created status at the top of the column and the newest at the bottom, with the rest ordered as you'd expect.

But that's a lot of planning and work, and I wouldn't bother.  Your only useful option is to manually reconfigure the boards, as you've discovered.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events