cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh the issue screen(status of issue) automatically using Forge APP

Chitra Sankar June 17, 2022

Hi Team,

If I try to update the issue status to the next state using the transition API(

/rest/api/3/issue/${issueID}/transitions). It's not automatically updating the status on the issue page, we need to refresh the window to see the updated status. Is there any way to refresh the updated status on the issue page without clicking window refresh?. However, I am unable to reload the issue Page automatically.

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hi, 

Sorry for late reply, however, you can find the answer in the below thread in the developers community:

Also, for the future, please note that the developers community is the right place to ask app development related questions.

Cheers,
Dario

Iyyappan Rasu May 10, 2023

@Dario B  - Thanks for the updates. 

we tried implementing above code for forge app using JavaScript in jsx file (but not typescript). It throws below error,

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: i.view.refresh is not a function
at testfile.jsx:100:23
at l (runtime.js:63:40)

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Iyyappan Rasu ,

As mentioned in my reply above this is not the right place for development related issues.  Please post your question to the developers community instead.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events