Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate project from Jira work management to Jira service management?

Andrii Petrenko August 26, 2021

Hi all,

How to migrate a project from Jira work management to Jira service management? 

Thank you!

2 answers

2 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Andrii Petrenko 

if you go to the project admin/ project details, you can change the project type. 
I converted a number of projects the other way and recently temporarily reverted some to delete their SLA data.

Try it in a staging system first though.

Tom

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Andrii Petrenko + @Tom Lister

that's quite interesting as there seem to be cases when it works - and cases where it does not.

Havin a project of type "business" (company-managed) - Jira Work Management; the option is greyed out and a bulk move is recommended in a info box.

grafik.png

However, I am remembering that the project type could be changed in the past - I'm just not able to remember the details.

Regards,
Daniel

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Is that on Cloud?

I have the options on Data Centre

Andrii Petrenko September 2, 2021

it works crazy: from 130 tickets moved only 16, and the rest of the tickets disappeared.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Hi @Andrii Petrenko 

What are you seeing?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2021

@Tom Listeryeah, the screenshot was taken from Cloud.

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

This is what we are seeing as well (Cloud Premium)... Option is greyed out and it tells us that we must create a new project and move the issues. Problem is, that now "burns" that project key on that instance forever, and in a large enterprise-wide instance, burning project keys can become problematic quite quickly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events