How to make a automatic rule for everyday reminder of issues?

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

Hi guys, can you help me create an automatic rule which would run every day MON-FRI and it could be like a reminder for creator of the issue - as it is an colleague who works in our office?

I have only find, that you could send email with update to reporter, but that send me an error as there is no email address for the reporter? I do not understand why it send me that, because everyone have his email in the settings I belive? Also can you help, how to make an automation, which would be looking only for issues which are more then 24 hrs in the status?

I have not been able to get it work.

Thank you

Best regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Jan Šimek I would suggest creating a filter and then having anyone who needs to be notified subscribe to the filter.  Filter subscriptions allow you to get an email containing the filter results on the schedule that you provide.  It does require each individual to subscribe if they want this information.  You also need to make sure that you share the filter with them so they can subscribe to it.   https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-3-of-4

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder 

I have found out a reminder as an addon to it, even though it is a bit complicated, because you have to set it up according to every case, but it works quite well. I have not been able to build up these reminders as a subscription for filters?  you mean, when you share the filter with somebody or?

Thank you

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

@Jan Šimek if you create a filter that returns the issues based on your rule specified above, you can share that filter with others.  Anyone who can view the filter can also subscribe to it. If you subscribe to a filter it will send you an email with the filter results in it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events