Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a List view that is the same for all users in a Company Managed Project?

Morgan Watts June 22, 2023

I am setting up a project for a stakeholder. I configured the list view to have specific columns saved in a specific order to meet the stakeholder's request. When sharing the project and list view that I created, their view was the default list layout (showing status, category, due date, etc.), not the view that I created for the project. 

Is there a way to create list view that can be set as the default for the project? 

This project will be used by multiple users so having to walk-through how to set the list view to the requested version will be a hassle for each user. I tried the "share" button but the link sent from the share button was still the default list view. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance or help. :) 

2 answers

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2023

Hi @Morgan Watts

to the best of my knowledge, views in JWM are currently "per user". Perhaps someone else can shed light on any potential plans to change that.

Best, Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2023

... and just to offer an immediate way forward: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to take a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. In a sense, it has some things in common with the list view, however it comes with a range of advanced features, and also works in (and across!) projects of any type, not just JWM projects.

Plus, all so-called "sheets" are, by default, shared with all your team members, meaning that they will all see the same columns etc. There's also the concept of "views" that gives full control over what aspects of a sheet you want to share with others.

This is how it looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Like Morgan Watts likes this
Morgan Watts June 26, 2023

@Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira Thank you for your input! I'll get my team and explore if we're looking to use a marketplace add-on to work around this issue. 

It does look like a neat add-on. 

Warm Regards, 
Morgan

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events