Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate with Jira Sofware

Saar Ken January 10, 2022

Hi all,

I work at a small company that uses Jira Software to manage the work of several agile teams that are semi depended (Data, Software, DevOps, etc.).

There is a single project for all of the teams and work is being monitored by different epics for each client / feature / research done.

It became pretty difficult to monitor & control all of the work and to get a big picture view of each project.

I'm looking at Jira Work management in order to have tool that can provide a clear overview. How can I integrate Jira Work management with Jira software in a way it will import the data i need from it?

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

hi @Saar Ken , Open to the community.

I guess you need to explain what you mean by integrate. However, in effect you have JWM capabilities as part of JSW. You can create various business projects within your JSW instance. One thing I would convey is that it seems like you have a single project for your entire company this probably needs to change as it is probably driving some of the complexity and tracking. You should consider creating projects for the various teams or bodies of work. Most often we use projects to map to various products. If you could share a little bit more information about your challenges and your goals I might be able to more directly offer ideas.

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi Saar - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, Jira Work Mangement projects and Jira Software projects use the same basic infrastructure, so share information between the projects would be easy. 

Lily Fox March 6, 2023

How does the sharing work? Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

Hi Lily - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The projects share the same Schemes. 

Lily Fox March 6, 2023

Thanks John - what does that mean/ where can I find out more about it?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events