Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get requests into Jira Work Management?

Soo Beng Ang September 27, 2022

Hi All

I am evaluating JWM for our non-tech usage. I plan to use it for our HR team to take action on tickets/requests and also our IT support team. I know that Jira Service Management is another solution, but I like that JWM is more flexible

As I understand it, the forms feature is only available for JWM users. Furthermore forms can only be shared or embedded via Confluence.

On the other hand, I found out that there is a Jira Power up in Trello for cards to sync to projects in JWM.

I checked on Zapier and found that the integration doesn't work with JWM but only Jira software. 

Does anyone else have any other ways to create tickets in JWM boards or any integrations?
Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hey @Soo Beng Ang ,

I feel like you are trying to over engineer your solution.

If you have requests coming in from end users then using JSM is the best product for that. If they then need to be handled in a JWM project (which could work) you could always use an automation rule to just "throw" the issue from the JSM project to the JWM project and sync both.

This way your customers/end-users will have a nice request portal where they can follow up and you can really manage your incoming requests properly while still maintaining the follow up and handling of the tasks with a related issue in a JWM project

Dora Lukin September 30, 2022

Hi, @Dirk Ronsmans 

is there actually a good way to do this?

When you say "throw", what kind of automation are you thinking of?

I see that in Cloud there is not automation available to Move the issue to another project, so what I saw suggested was to clone and delete the original request.

But Cloning the issue loses the attachments, and I believe the users no longer see them in their own portal requests.

If you have any helpful inputs, I would appreciate it.

thank you

Dora 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

I would indeed go for a Clone/Create a new linked issue in the JWM project (and also keep the original which would be customer facing)

Moving an issue would destroy so much of what was entered.

You would then have a Customer issue (JSM project) and a JWM issue that your other department can work on. (also going by the idea that a customer doesn't need to know your inner workings)

You could then sync back (comment and status wise) information from your JWM issue to your JSM issue to update the customer.

Thank you for the reply.

I was brainstorming this idea last week and I guess it could technically work like you suggest, though it may be a bit messy with syncing the comments and statuses.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

I think it requires a mental shift as to what team is working on what.

If you use JSM just as a portal to have the customer register the issue and keep them updated but have the "Agent" work in a JWM project then it works.

If you require more feedback to the customer then the Agent should also work in the JSM project (but they could still plan their work in a JWM project)

The 2 products are created for other uses so it really depends on what you want to do.

My suggestion is always, start with a small feature set and build out as needed. Don't assume your agent or customer wants/needs something that might be a blocked. Give them a basic implementation and have them give feedback on how they want/need to work and build on that.

You are right.

My motivation for this way of working was the request to limit the number of JSM licenses.

I'll have to test it to see if it'll work for us.

thanks

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Soo Beng Ang ,

As an option to collect feedback from employees or/and external customers directly to JWM projects, you can use Customer Case for Jira app. 

You can create forums for your existing Jira projects other than JSM. All the tickets created in the forums will be automatically visible on the relevant Jira project and vice versa. A forum can be public (visible to everybody), private (restricted for specific email addresses or domains, for example, for your internal needs), or you can set it up as a support service just as JSM(private communication with a support assistant). 

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Hi @Soo Beng Ang ,

My Opinion:

If you are using JWM, users with license can only create ticket, work on tickets. This will cost you. 

If you use JSM, then you can have a customer portal and user can create requests from customer portal and team can work from backend Jira. You would require only license for the teams who work on tickets. 

Example: If you have 100 people and out of which 10 are from HR, to use the JSM you need only 10 user license.
But to use JWM, you need 100 license if all users needs access to create tickets. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events