Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix an incorrect site title & domain?

Ian Manchester July 29, 2021

I signed up for a free account of Jira Work Management, but trialing it for a potential paid account for a larger team.

During the sign-up process I was asked to choose a site title. I did so, and clicked submit. The page froze and just kept alternating between saying "Loading" and "Working on it".

After some time no progress, I attempted to log in to atlassian.com with a different window, and it turned out it had created a site for me with the name

"team-1627624420343.atlassian.net"

Obviously I do not want this, especially if I go forward with a paid account with a large team.

I searched to documentation and I cannot find any way to change the site title & domain. Can anybody help?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Ian Manchester and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately you can't change domain, so you have to be very careful in what you'll create. This question has been posted again here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Change-Site-Title-URL/qaq-p/1596012

You can change your site name, if you visit (most likely) this link, while logged in https://admin.atlassian.com/o/d3k80373-4818-19j5-613d-758c20ck2k7d/details. If the link doesn't work, just go to settings (cog) , and then (again) settings.

Hope that helps,

Alex

Ian Manchester July 30, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. Note that I was careful in the domain name I chose, the problem is that after submitting it the site froze and then issued me a random domain name, so I think this is a bug on Atlassian's side.

Cheers,

Ian

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

So why don't you start a new one and delete the old one? 

Ian Manchester July 30, 2021

Yes, I can do that. Was just wondering if there was a simple fix.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

I think that this way would be the quickest tbh.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Hi @Ian Manchester !

Kindly provide feedback for me answer, and if that worked for you, mark my answer as accepted, so as to help other who are asking the same question.

Kind regards,
Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events